One of the most happiest day of my life was in Feb, when we were blessed with a second child. My son is thrilled to have a girl chilD to play with. He calls her Barbie doll and princess among other names.
Category Archives: Prasoon Kumar Jha
I presented at first Computer Measurement Group-India, Delhi Regional Event on November 29, 2013 at TCS Noida Sec 4 Office. Guest Speaker started talking about how Obama’s healthcare website could not handle the load because of poor planning and execution, Why measurement is really important? 2nd speaker gave good insights into Oracle performance. There were the following speakers:
- K.V.Narayanan, Vice President, Govt ISU, TCS, New Delhi, Guest Speaker
- Kapil Malhotra, Architect, Dell Software, New Delhi on Oracle Performance – Benchmarking, Tuning, Replication – Best Practices
- Prasoon Kumar, Solution Architect, MongoDB, Mumbai, Benchmarking of NoSQL Databases
- Ramakrishnan Raghu, Chief Architect, Passport Seva Project, TCS, New Delhi, Making Software Performance Engineering an Integral Part of SDLC – Practice & Experience
- Ramakrishna Alavala, HiPODS, IBM Labs, Bangalore, Proactive Performance Management in Production System
I prepared the following slides with which I delivered the talk.
Asian paint case study – 5k employees, 30k shops. Android platform. ERP platform.
Successfactors – As big and as old a SAAS company as Salesforce. 15m users. 3500 customers >10 yrs in cloud.
Indus SAP user group – Manish Choksi, CIO Asian Paints Ltd. is the chairman. SIG on BI, industry auto, pharma launching soon, platform. Partner summit.
Steve Lucas – Executive VP & GM, DB & Technology. sap.com/rds Rapid deployment Service improves time for SAP deployment.
Paradigm shift: 85B apps in 2016. 8B population. Big data, real time, predictive. 7.5 ZB 90% video.
Social mobile panel
Niraj Athalye. Neelam Dhawan (HP)
Sentiment analysis, intention. Asian Painting will help consumer find the right painting contractor with the help of friends. People as media – socialcasting. Personalization of software.
Decision revolution – inform, align, adapt.
BI, EPM, GRC
- Query & reporting
- Data Discovery
- Predictive analysis
3d model from right hemisphere acquisition integrated into analytics. @atul_sap
Venkatesh. Building information culture by leveraging BI. Sap ECC, dealer business management. SAP is used in all joint ventures for collaboration and monitoring as well. Business analytics is a subset of BI. SIAM competitive data, and Commodity price of steel, benchmark. Business insights. IT maturity: supplier, enabled, IT led organization. Hubble telescope into business operations and performance.
Information maturity path
- Data analysis
Infrastructure efficiency, simpler management, built-in availability, greater agility
NIC HBA teaming
I came across an interesting story on what IIT toppers went on to do later in their lives. Here’s the comment I added over there.
Wow, quite an insightful article. It does dispel some myths created by an entertaining book ‘Five point someone‘ of Chetan Bhagat. I can relate to Vineet’s statement about problems harder than JEE and also Arvind Saraf”s statement about over-expectation from JEE toppers!
Starting 2012, IIT-JEE answer key is put on the portal, which is a good move towards transparency. I really like the fact that IIT-JEE will have subjective questions to improve quality of intake. Kapil Sibal has been forced to backtrack on unified entrance examination for IIT atleast till 2015. While other centrally funded institutes will use 40% board marks and 60% JEE performance for entrance to NIT, IIIT etc., II’s will continue to use JEE only.
The following 3 features, I love are:
- Availability of menus for all restaurants, I go to – As I mentioned above, other competing sites don’t have menus always available.
- Ability to share my favorite restaurant lists, e.g. Been There by Prasoon Jha.
- I as a user of the site should be able to add a restaurant, not just the restaurant owner.
3 features, which I dislike or new enhancements, I’d like to see are:
- When I search restaurants in a particular locality, say Malad(W), I’d want to see them on a map.
- Another feature,I’d want is private lists, which I can share only with my friends.
- I’d also like an ability to follow food editors or a favorite foodie in my neighborhood.
Happy new year to everyone. I hope to do good this year as far as blogging is concerned. Last year was pretty bad. The stats helper monkeys at WordPress.com mulled over how this blog did in 2010, and here’s a high level summary of its overall blog health:
The Blog-Health-o-Meter™ reads Minty-Fresh™.
A Boeing 747-400 passenger jet can hold 416 passengers. This blog was viewed about 2,700 times in 2010. That’s about 6 full 747s.
In 2010, there were 2 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 32 posts.
The busiest day of the year was February 24th with 33 views. The most popular post that day was Get Birth Certificate Online.
Where did they come from?
The top referring sites in 2010 were in.linkedin.com, linkedin.com, twitter.com, facebook.com, and google.co.in.
Some visitors came searching, mostly for online birth certificate pune, birth certificate pune, facebook down, prasoon kumar, and birth certificate online pune.
Attractions in 2010
These are the posts and pages that got the most views in 2010.
Get Birth Certificate Online March 2009
Prasoon Jha July 2010
About November 2005
I am on DD News at 6:00 pm in an interview December 2005
If a company participates in social media, it should be ready for good as well bad comments September 2009